7.6.12

A New Turbo Was Needed...

After having some troubles with the stock turbo ( it basically exploded...), I was looking for a replacement for the stock Garett VNT 15. I decided to go with a VNT 17/22 from Garett again, nothing crazy here but just bit bigger for higher EGR. I also installed a Pyro Gauge to monitor the EGR and see when I have to slow down, if I need to...

Those are some of the mistakes I have made when I first did the conversion, I wanted to save time so I skipped the Pyro Gauge and to save some money I decided to "try" the stock turbo.
In the end I spent more money and more time that way.


                               The new VNT 17/22 just out of the box and the old still on the engine.
Here's a good view of the 270 degree 2.5"exhaust pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment